Our Instructional Designers are responsible for advising the online course developing faculty member on the application of the MSU Instructional Design model and procedures during the course development process. They are also responsible for a variety of technical aspects of the course development, as listed below. They include:
- Guiding you through the steps of course development
- Assisting you to identify learning objectives
- Advising on how to match instructional strategies to learning objectives
- Recommending appropriate technologies to enhance online instruction and learning activities
- Helping you develop assignments for different content areas
- Providing consistent, detailed responses to your content development needs
- Building your courses using the Montclair template
- Designing and uploading the course components to Canvas, our learning management system
- Providing technical expertise on the presentation of course content and activities
- Ensuring that the overall design requirements are carried through to the completed course website
The course development process is flexible. It allows the subject-matter expert to focus exclusively on the content. In addition to instructional and technical expertise, the members of the Instructional Design team ensure that course design follows the most recent research for effective learning in an online course, and adheres to the development timeline so that the course can be ready when the term begins. With this model, we hope to facilitate the process and enhance our students’ learning experience.
If you would like Instructional Design assistance, please complete this consultation request form or contact the Instructional Technology and Design Services (ITDS) group (Robin Walker, firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. x5449).
Instructional Technology and Design Services (ITDS) | Copyright © 2017 Montclair State University | All Rights Reserved